Sunday, May 18, 2008

Zeke Update

So I realized that I haven't given my promised update of Zeke's condition. I think it's because I keep waiting for good news, and it just doesn't seem to come.

The brain tumor is a Glioblastoma Multiforme, which is basically the worst that you can have. And it's right in the middle of the brain, so it's in the worst place too! He's started radiation and adds chemotherapy this week. It's a new procedure that has doubled the survival rate, but even with that only about 25% of people are still alive after two years.

The family is very optimistic though...especially Maralee. She is such a strength to everyone! Her bright attitude just buoys everyone up. I love her so much! She is such an amazing woman! I am so lucky to have her as a mother in law.

Bart & I went and saw Zeke yesterday and today. You can tell that he's tired, but he seems to be in good spirits. Yesterday we took Addison, but he is still in the SICU, so children under 14 aren't allowed. It was really sad. He was less than 20 feet away from her, but she couldn't see him.

While I sat with her out in the waiting room, I showed her pictures of the family I had brought. Whenever we got to Zeke's picture she pointed at him, smiled, and said, "POP!" Keep us in your prayers. We all want Addison's "Pop" To be around for many years to come.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

We're praying for Zeke and your whole family. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Seriously, let us know if you need anything. We can even watch Addison while you and Bart go visit him in you need. Just let us know.

Love you guys,
Tabitha, Jonathan, and Benjamin

janae said...

I am so sorry you guys - this is just so sad! We'll keep up the prayers!