Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The Way I View - Friendship

It's that time of month again!  And this month's theme is friendship.  I actually was thinking about using several pictures, but I just kept coming back to this one:

ColorMeRad

Yes, that is me on the right, and yes, technically I did not take this picture...although I did get all the settings right in the camera before I handed it off to my husband, and I edited the picture....but no, I did not click the shutter.

Nevertheless, this picture, more than any other I have from this month, depicts the way I view friendship.  These are two of my three best friends in the world.  One I've known since second grade, and the other since junior high.  How many people are lucky enough to have had friends for so long?  We've been through teenage drama together, gone through first kisses and boyfriends together, graduated from college together, had girls nights (and weekends) out together, raised kids and started jobs together, cried together, laughed together, stayed up talking into the wee morning hours together, and done crazy color 5ks together.  I seriously can't imagine my life with out these two.

In all honesty, we never get together as much as we should, but whenever we do, it's awesome.  And no matter how long it's been since the last time we've seen each other, when we do get together, it's like no time has passed.  Friends like that don't just come around every day.  They only develop over a lifetime, and I feel so lucky to have them. 

As for my third best friend, well, I know she's loving being out of Utah, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm rooting for her to come back after her husband graduates.  ;)

And, because it still kind of feels like cheating since I didn't take the picture above, here's one I did take of my kids at the same 5k.  I'm glad they're such good friends.

ColorMeRad

Now go and check out Angela's take on the theme.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow that looks like fun! Glad you and your friend were able to get together.

Loni said...

Can I just say, I love your themed pictures. I check-in every month & then I hop from blog to blog checking out everyone elses. So Fun!