Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Way I View - New Beginnings

So I'm not a huge resolution person, but I do love taking time at the beginning of a new year to make some goals for myself.  To me, each year is a fresh start.  A chance to commit to improving myself and trying new things.  I used to make a rather lengthy list of goals every year, but since the number of children in my house exploded in a rather short amount of time, the list has been whittled down a bit.

This year one of my goals was to really work on slowing down and spending time thinking about the pictures I'm taking instead of just snapping away and praying that I get something good.  In order to keep myself accountable, I joined a group of 11 other women and committed to take a photo based on a theme each month and then share it on our blogs.

January's theme was "New Beginnings," and for my picture, I decided to photograph one of my other goals: trying a new recipe at least two times a month.  Below is a picture of one of the new recipes Bart & I tried out this month.  It's a Citrus Shortbread Torte, and it was FABULOUS!  It also didn't really help with my other goal to eat healthier, but eh, here's to New Beginnings!  :)

 If you'd like to see pictures from the other ladies, head on over to Kelly's blog. 

9 comments:

Kelly Lynne said...

ok you cannot post a wonderful picture of food without a recipe. I'm drooling. Oh also my post is up now. Here is the link http://kellylynnefotos.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-beginnings-clickinmoms-project.html

Candice Craig said...

Man, that looks good!!!!!! This pregnant woman is getting hungry.

carrie said...

YUM!!! Great photo!!

Melissa said...

Oh.My.Word. that looks yummy!!!

http://www.mgphotographyblog.com

Danie said...

Wonderful! I'm aiming for one new recipe a month and failed completely in January. ;) Good for you -- and beautiful photo to "savor" (get it?) your success!

Jodie Carson said...

Looks amazing!

Rachel said...

This looks delicious!!! Great picture!!

Irish Crew said...

Beautiful photo....it is making me so hungry! :)

Angela Weil said...

That looks incredibly delicious! Great photo as well.