Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Way I View - New Beginnings

So I'm not a huge resolution person, but I do love taking time at the beginning of a new year to make some goals for myself.  To me, each year is a fresh start.  A chance to commit to improving myself and trying new things.  I used to make a rather lengthy list of goals every year, but since the number of children in my house exploded in a rather short amount of time, the list has been whittled down a bit.

This year one of my goals was to really work on slowing down and spending time thinking about the pictures I'm taking instead of just snapping away and praying that I get something good.  In order to keep myself accountable, I joined a group of 11 other women and committed to take a photo based on a theme each month and then share it on our blogs.

January's theme was "New Beginnings," and for my picture, I decided to photograph one of my other goals: trying a new recipe at least two times a month.  Below is a picture of one of the new recipes Bart & I tried out this month.  It's a Citrus Shortbread Torte, and it was FABULOUS!  It also didn't really help with my other goal to eat healthier, but eh, here's to New Beginnings!  :)

 If you'd like to see pictures from the other ladies, head on over to Kelly's blog. 

9 comments:

Kelly Lynne said...

ok you cannot post a wonderful picture of food without a recipe. I'm drooling. Oh also my post is up now. Here is the link http://kellylynnefotos.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-beginnings-clickinmoms-project.html

Candice Craig said...

Man, that looks good!!!!!! This pregnant woman is getting hungry.

carrie said...

YUM!!! Great photo!!

Melissa said...

Oh.My.Word. that looks yummy!!!

http://www.mgphotographyblog.com

Danie said...

Wonderful! I'm aiming for one new recipe a month and failed completely in January. ;) Good for you -- and beautiful photo to "savor" (get it?) your success!

Jodie said...

Looks amazing!

Rachel said...

This looks delicious!!! Great picture!!

Irish Crew said...

Beautiful photo....it is making me so hungry! :)

Angela said...

That looks incredibly delicious! Great photo as well.