Friday, February 03, 2012

Christmas Suckers

When I was little and we went to my grandma's house for Christmas, her counters were always covered in goodies, but my favorite were her Christmas suckers.  They weren't necessarily the best tasting goodies she had, but I thought the way she made them was just so awesome.  She always let us choose the flavor and color, and then when it was ready, she'd pour the hot liquid into these old fashioned sucker molds, and we would quickly scramble to get the sticks in before the liquid hardened. It was awesome.

So when my uncle dropped off some Christmas presents from my grandparents when he passed through town, I was excited to see the suckers.  My kids were pretty excited too.

December Christmas Suckers

Yeah, those two got a bath shortly after those pictures were taken.

I think I am going to make it my goal in life to find molds like my grandma's so that I can make Christmas suckers too.

No comments: