Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend In Moab

Last year, we went to Moab for the Art's Festival and Memorial Day.  We decided to do a repeat this year, and I think next year we'll make it a full blown tradition.

We started off the trip with the Art's Festival.  It was a rather blustery day so our visit was cut a bit short.  Bart said he liked last year's better, he was still really impressed with the ceramic artists.

ArtsFestival01

Not that he's biased or anything.
ArtsFestival02

I was impressed with this little guy.
ArtsFestival03

You would think Bart would be really excited about the Art's Festival because it's...well...an ART'S festival.  But from the moment we we decided to go, all he talked about was the "Carnie Food."  He was really excited.  And this year we discovered this little gem:

ArtsFestival04

On it's Facebook Page, Quesadilla Mobilla says, it's mission is, "To create and serve the most unique and delicious quesadillas in the universe! But we'll just start with the planet earth for now."  Well Quesadilla Mobilla, mission accomplished! (At least here on earth).  Not certain it qualifies as "Carnie Food,"  But it was pretty freaking good.  Bart and I got the Southern Belle and the Enchanted Chicken.  Then for desert we had a little Cran-Apple Delite.  Absolutely the most delicious and unique Quesadillas I've ever tasted.  I hope to see them at the festival again next year.

The kiddos opted out of the Cran-Apple Delite (much to our delite, since we got one to share with everyone) and chose to have Ice Cream instead.  Hannah actually claimed her tummy was hurting, but the ice cream apparently fixed that.
ArtsFestival06
I have to admit, we kept the twins in their stroller most of the time because the wind was so strong it was really kicking up a lot of dust, and the covers protected them a little. 
ArtsFestival05
But I SWEAR, we usually take them out of the stroller when we're out and about....okay, most of the time...sometimes...alright alright alright every once in a while!  Don't judge!  You try and chase down two toddlers running in opposite directions and then come back and talk to me about how frequently you should let your kids out of their strollers.  Sometimes it's hard enough just keeping them in the stroller!

Moving on...

Sunday was Hannah's Birthday!  My little lady is now officially 3, although in my mind she's been three ever since she started talking in complex sentences.

While I was getting her breakfast ready, I had a feeling that I would forget to get a birthday picture of her if I didn't do it right then, so I asked her to give me her best Hannah birthday face.  This is what I got:

Hannah3rdBirthday02 

I'm going to have to agree, those are some of the best Hannah Birthday faces I've ever seen. ;) Love you little lady!

I was pretty much right.  The only other picture I got of her on her birthday was her blowing out the candles on her cake.

Hannah3rdBirthday01

It took her a few tries, but when you're three you're allowed more than one, especially if it will help avoid getting spit on the cake...which it did.

And finally, the real reason we came down to Moab:  Memorial Day.

MemorialDay05

There's a reverent dignity to cemeteries on Memorial Day.  In all honesty, it's there every other day of the year, but it is very pronounced on Memorial Day.  You can just feel the respect and love the living have for these people who have passed on.  Especially for those who have served our country.  I absolutely love it.

When we got there, the girls realized they didn't have flowers, so Addison and Hannah decided they wanted to gather pine cones to place on Grandpa's grave.  When Maya and Lilly saw what they were doing, even they joined in.

MemorialDay02

Not sure why, but it was really a touching moment for me. These girls, only one of whom ever got to meet Grandpa, reverently gathering and arranging pine cones as their gift to him.

MemorialDay01

MemorialDay03

MemorialDay04

It really was a wonderful Memorial Day.  I can't wait to go again next year.
MemorialDay06

No comments: