Saturday, May 17, 2008

Goodbye Ricks

So this morning I went jogging and ran past the empty ex-house of our friends, the Ricks, and my heart got sad. I remember the first time I met Janae in Relief Society at our Wyview ward. She was in the presidency and was conducting. I think I had to get up and introduce myself because I was new and when I was done she said, "I can tell we're going to be friends." Right there in front of all the relief society! I was a bit taken aback by the comment, but she was right!

We've had BBQs, dinners, done How to Host a Murder, traded babysitting to go to the temple, gone jogging, and stayed up into the late night hours just talking with them. Bart & Sam are very much the creative types, and Janae and I are totally the analytical types. So we all got along so well!!! It was SOOOOOOO fun having them around! We were so excited when we found out they were moving down to Spanish Fork.
But now they are going on to Baltimore to attend graduate school, so that will be great for them. We miss them, but we're happy they get to take advantage of this opportunity. And although we won't be seeing them as often, we'll still keep in touch. :o)

1 comment:

janae said...

What a cute post - they sound like fabulous people! ;) Okay, but seriously, does anyone else think it looks like I had a large tumor coming out of my ribs?! Note to self: never wear that outfit again.