Sunday, May 11, 2008

Life is Good!

Well, this weekend has been wonderful. Yesterday I got to talk to my brother. (His companion was talking to his family today, so since there's such a time difference, we got to talk to Eric yesterday.) It was awesome hearing from him. It sounds like he's doing great.

We also basically spent all day doing yard week again. As I mentioned in a previous post...I LOVE yard work! I may be a freak of nature, but there's just something about being out there, working with Bart, fixing all of the things that Addison "helped" with. I love it. Our yard now looks like this:
Now, in case you don't appreciate all the work that took. Let me remind you of what it looked like last week:
Those are weeds, not plants in the background. And this picture doesn't do justice to the work in the raspberry & strawberry patch. There were TONS of dead stalks that we got rid of . It was a LONG day. Long, but good. We still have to do the back two plots....all the stores around here were out of manure yesterday afternoon...oh well. Right now we have tomatoes, Peppers, broccoli, and an egg plant. We still have to plant the Squash, cantaloupe, cucumbers, and beans. I'm excited.

Well, today is Mother's day, and so far it has been wonderful. Addison made me this beautiful picture of a butterfly at Robyn's. She painted and crumpled the wings all by herself! I love it! It's my first Mother's Day picture from her. When I was a kid I used to think my mom probably would get tired of all the mother's day pictures we made for her. I was TOTALLY wrong! If I had a million of these pictures, I'd be the happiest, proudest mom in the world!!!


The Priesthood came and took over in Primary, Young Women's, and Nursery so that all the women in the ward could go to Relief Society. It was great! We were up in primary to make sure everyone got to their seats okay, and that there were men with every class, but then we went to class.

I laughed because Bart got the privilege of sitting up front with the sunbeams. I knew that was going to be a fun day for him. He later informed me that one of our sunbeams likes to talk like a demon. Here's how the conversation went:

Demon-sunbeam: Who are you?
Bart: I'm Brother Francis, I'm going to sit with you guys today.
Demon-Sunbeam: Oh, okay.
Bart (In the middle of a song): :::yawn:::
Demon-Sunbeam: Why are you yawning, are you tired? You should be singing.

Te he he, I know, not the most exciting conversation, but this little girl is just the cutest thing, and I get the biggest kick out of thinking of her talking like a demon to Bart. It's Great!

Bart is now cooking me dinner...well, he's looking intently at a cookbook anyway. But there is corn on the grill, and I'm smelling something wonderful...I think it's some sort of marinade, so I'm excited.

Now for some bragging time. Addison is doing all sorts of cute things now. Lately she has become OBSESSED with bugs, especially ants. She loves watching them walk around, pick things up, climb up walls...pretty much anything that has to do with ants she loves...I'm going to have to get the movie. She has even started picking them up to show me. Which invariably maims, if not kills them, so I'm trying to teach her not to touch.

She also loves pointing at flys and saying, "Bug!" She'll follow them from room to room as long as she can keep an eye on them.

The other day Addison was out back with Bart while I was in the kitchen. All of the sudden she is just giggling like crazy. I laugh a little thinking of what Bart must be doing to make her laugh. But she just keeps on laughing! Finally I go outside and say, "Bart, what on earth are you doing to make her laugh like that." He's like, "Nothing!" Lately the trees in our neighborhood have been giving off this stuff that looks like cotton and just floats through the air. Addison was trying to catch all the cotton. Apparently she thought it was pretty dang funny! It was adorable!!!

Finally, last night Bart was putting Addison to bed. I went up with them to say family prayers. When we were done, I said, "Addison, can you give me a kiss goodbye." She kissed me, then she held her arms out and said, "Hug!" It was SOOOOOOOO cute!!! I gave her a hug. Then she turned to Bart & said, "Bye bye!" Her routine is family prayers, hug and kiss the parent not putting her to bed goodbye, and then read with the parent putting her to bed. She was trying to get Bart to leave even though she knew it was me that would be leaving. It was AWESOME!!! I love my baby!

Well, lastly I want to say thanks to the wonderful mothers in my life. I love my mom so much! She is so wonderful. She's always been there for me no matter what! It's so nice to know that I can ask her advice and know that when she responds, she has nothing but my best interest in mind. I love my mom!

I also love my mother in law! I have said this a million times, but every time I hear people complaining about their mother in laws, I thank my lucky stars for Maralee! I love just being around her. She is so friendly and loving. You can't help smiling when you're in her presence.

I love my grandma's too. Grandma Collyer has always been such a great example to me, and she always lets me know how proud of me she is. I love her so much! And Grandma Timms is just so much fun, and has the greatest attitude! I love being around her!

My Late Grandma Timms died when I was younger, and I miss her. I always feel like she's looking down on me cheering me on when I'm having a hard time. I love her.

I love Grandma Francis. She welcomed me to the family with open arms from day one, and I have felt her love ever since. She is wonderful.

I also miss Grandma Roberts. She was such a sweet lady. She also made me feel like a part of the family from day one. From the day I met her, I felt like I had always been her granddaughter...even before Bart & I were married. There was something familiar about her. I swear I must have known her in a past life! I love her.

I am so very grateful for all the mothers in my life. I love you all!!!

1 comment:

Jones said...

I feel the same way about my 'in-laws' they are AWESOME!!

happy mother's day Rebecca! I hope that dinner was good!