Friday, November 20, 2009

My Daughter was NOT supposed to do this!

She has been playing with scissors since she was like 18 months old without incident. Then today, she's playing with a play dough set thing that has a monkey that grows hair. She asks, "Mom, can I have the scissors so I can cut my monkey's hair." I foolishly see no harm in this and get her her little kid scissors. The next thing I know she has cut not only the monkey's hair, but her own as well.If you look closely at this one, you'll see that she cut the hair going into her little pony tail. Not the pony tail itself...well, part of that too, but the hair GOING FROM THE HEAD TO THE RUBBER BAND!!! It was seriously like less than half an inch long!Three years of growth. I was going to cry...I still feel like crying!And to make matters WORSE, we haven't gotten our family pictures for our Christmas cards yet. I think I might just find a family picture from Hannah's blessing and use that.
Anyway, so I called my friend Candace, who cuts hair, and between my sobs, begged her to help. She did a pretty good job.Now the real problem is that I genuinely believe that only a professional can tame this girl's hair. There is no way I can get it to look like that again. This is what it will look like from now on:Crazy.And in case you were wondering what Hannah was doing while all this was going on:
She was trying to escape from her baby bouncer.

Sigh. It's been a long day. Today I am NOT grateful for scissors...but I am grateful for Candace. :o)

4 comments:

janae said...

OH NO!!!! When Elijah did it, it was bad, but at least he's a boy and we could shave his head. I would definitely have cried. I'm so sorry!

Jones said...

oh no!! Madeline's hair was so thin and yucky but after an episode(she was 3) of me trying to trim her hair the LONG awaited 3 yr growth was cut up to her chin...I just couldn't seem to get the sides to match up so I kept cutting...oh man, I had to get it fixed by a professional too!!

however I think her hair needed that cause now it's thick and GORGEOUS! and so long!!

so this will be a good thing in disguise =)

...I just know I'll be getting this with one of my kids eventually though.

Hannah's too cute!

Lori said...

Her new hair cut is cute!

The Foulgers said...

Oh man, I'm sorry! Thank goodness for Candace. I hope we're talking about Candace Goodwin, she does my hair and I think she did a great job on Addison.