Thursday, November 05, 2009

Giraffe

So I asked Addison what I should be grateful for today and she said, "Umm....a Giraffe" Okay. Let's broaden it a little. I am grateful for animals. Yeah, even with that broader definition this one is a bit difficult for me, (To be honest with you, I'm not a big animal person) but here goes:

I love how much my daughter loves animals. I love that every time we drive by a horse in a field she gets sooooooooo excited and says, "Mommy! A HORSE!!!" I love that other people have pets that my daughter can see without me having to deal with the responsibility of owning a pet.

I do like watching animals. I like watching birds. I loved our safari where we got to spend hours and hours just looking for and watching animals. They really are impressive in their natural habitat. The zoo just isn't the same.

That being said, I do love the zoo. I love how much not only Addison loves it, but how much Bart loves it. Every time we plan on going to the zoo he sings the little song:

"We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo,
You can come too, too, too.
We're going to the Zoo, zoo, zoo."

Seriously, he's like a kid in a candy store when we go to the zoo. It's really cute.

Monkeys are pretty cool too...even at the zoo.

I like taking pictures of animals. I like taking video of animals. I actually don't mind animals as long as they're not our pets. I don't like cleaning up after animals.

I do appreciate animals by way of food. :o) I love milk, eggs, turkey, beef, etc. We wouldn't have those if it wasn't for animals.

I do like Giraffe's cool long tongues (see cool picture above). I think the elephant is my favorite animal, but the giraffe is a close 2nd. I am grateful for animals.

On a completely un-related note, In the time I have been writing this post, Addison has brought me not one, not two, but three fish from our fishing game (the one where the fish go around in circles and open and close their mouths and you try and catch them with your fishing pole) that she had put goldfish crackers in the fish's mouths. They were stuck and she needed me to get the fish out. I'm slightly disturbed. It feels like cannibalism. Make that four...no, five....no...she just brought me a whole bag of them. I seriously think she put fish in every fish's mouth. Weird.

I also love to eat fish. They're yummy.

No comments: