Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Viva La Vida

So I remember a while ago Bart telling me that you can tell when a song is truly good because you get goosebumps when you hear it.

I thought that was rubbish. The only time I got goosebumps was when I heard certain church songs, and that was more because of the meaning of the lyrics to me personally than because of the music itself. (The only possible exception was when I went to the Symphony in Vienna...I don't really remember whether or not I got goosebumps, but I could see it happening). Anyway, there were a lot of songs I thought were really great songs that I never got goosebumps when I heard.


Well, I have now experienced my first goosebump song. Every time I hear the opening bars of Coldplay's Viva La Vida, I break out in goosebumps! Crazy! Maybe there is something to what he says.

1 comment:

Christa Jeanne said...

That is such an amazing song!!! It gives me goosebumps, too. There's something really special about that one.