Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Faces at Sam's Club

So for a while we've been going to Sam's club, and on our way out, Addison has jutted her hand out to the person checking our receipt. We never really understood this, and sort of just hurried her on until a few weeks ago. Addison looked very determined and got to the front of the cart. As soon as the receipt checker was within reach, she shot her hand out to him. He immediately smiled, took her hand, and drew a happy face on it with his highlighter. She sat back, and smiled at us with a look of triumph on her face.

I was blown away. I had no idea how she would know that they would do that.

Then I remembered that sometimes Robyn and Nyla take the kids out to run errands. I ran into them one weekend at Sam's club, so I knew they went to Sam's club sometimes. So the next day I asked them if they ever took the kids to Sam's club with them. Sure enough, they do, and when they leave, the receipt checkers always give everyone a smiley face on their hand...the mystery is solved!

No comments: