Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Easter

Okay, so we've been on vacation for the past week (which is why I haven't had a chance to blog) but that post is going to take forever to finish, so I figured I'd do the Easter post first.
We had an extremely enjoyable Easter despite it's early appearance, and some miserable colds.

Addison got to wear her Easter dress from her Grandma Collyer to sacrament meeting (we went home after that because we didn't want anyone else to get our colds). It was absolutely adorable.




In her Easter basket, she got a stuffed duck, and little bucket hat (that was lost on the Mississippi...but I'll get to that in the next post). Bart and I got some chocolate eggs, and the family got some AWESOME Easter baskets and candy from Aunt Amy (whose name Addison is very good at saying now).


Although I didn't have time to do all the things I wanted to do this Easter, I did find myself reflecting on the last week of the Savior's life all week long. These little reflections brought a lot of peace to a very hectic week.

I am so grateful for my Savior; that he went through everything he did so I could return to live again with him and Heavenly Father. And I can't imagine the love that Heavenly Father must have for all of us as well. I would do absolutely anything to keep my child from experiencing pain. He had the ability to keep his son from experiencing the pain he had to go through, and he let him go through it anyway. I cannot imagine the amount of love he must have for each of us. I am so grateful for him.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well.

No comments: