Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 5

On Day 5 we got to ride the street car to the New Orleans Museum of Art (Do you honestly think I could go to a major city with my husband and NOT go to the art museum...te he he). It was really cool. They had a George Rodrigue show there, which had a blue dog in a lot of the pictures. Addison loved it. She kept saying, "Dog! Dog!"My Favorite part was the sculpture garden though. It was AWESOME!!! My favorite one was the giant diaper pin, but there were a lot of other cool sculptures too.

The street car ride was pretty cool too. We got to see more than just the down town area, which was nice. There were some really cool looking houses...I wish we had gotten pictures of them.

We also saw the saddest thing of the trip on the street car ride too. As we drove under a freeway overpass, there were tons of tents under it where people were living. It was a sobering reminder of the poverty that remains there, even this long after Katrina.

That night we also got to go to Emeril's for dinner. It was AMAZING!!! I have never had such delicious food! I LOVED it!!! The service was incredible as well. The only thing that could have made it better is if we hadn't had a toddler who loves to throw her food around with us. It was still great though! By far the most expensive dinner Bart & I have ever had, but totally the best!

No comments: