Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 6

Well, I have to admit, our final day was my least favorite day. We decided that we just had to visit Bourbon Street in the French Quarter...after all, we were in New Orleans.


If any of you ever go to New Orleans, I have a suggestion... Don't visit Bourbon Street. We went there in the middle of the day, so it was mostly empty (thank goodness), but even then it just smelled of booze and puke! It was nasty. There were strip joints galore, and More bars than I have ever seen. I even saw a place where they vended margaritas out of Slurpee machines...which would have been cool if they had virgin ones...te he he. But it really was just gross. If you HAVE to go to Bourbon street, at least do it on your first day instead of your last. The rest of our trip was so enjoyable. I was sad to leave New Orleans with that last impression.


Other than that, though, our trip was thouroughly enjoyable. Here's a little video of the trip.


1 comment:

janae said...

I have loved reading about your trip!! It really made me want to visit New Orleans! Thanks for posting so many details about it, now I already have a list of things to do down there! :)