Monday, January 25, 2010

SO much is happening!!!

Note: For all my dear friends who are not LDS, I am going to be using a lot of LDS terms in this post. In an attempt to not make this post a million pages long, I've created links to definitions of some of the words I'm using. Hopefully this will help you know what the heck I'm talking about. :o) If you don't understand anything and are curious, feel free to ask me questions.

So as of Sunday, we are in a new stake and a new ward. (Along with the stake split, they re-drew the boundaries of our ward). We are in the Utah River Stake and the Sunset Park ward. We are really sad to be leaving friends in our old ward (I'm especially sad I won't be in Young Women's any more), but we are excited to make new friendships in our new ward.

Then, on Monday, the Church announced a new temple in Payson!!! Seriously, I can't explain to you how unbelievably excited I am for this!!!

On Sunday, I went to a youth fireside and one of the things the speaker did was show the video from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. As I was watching, all the wonderful feelings from when we went to the open house , and when my brother in law went through the Draper Temple (another new temple) came flooding back.

In the video, some of the people were talking about what this temple would mean to them. As I thought about those people I thought what an awesome experience it must have been for them to go through the process of having a temple built in their area. I thought I would absolutely love to be able to go through that experience one day. AND THEN THE NEXT DAY President Monson announced a temple built in Payson! YAY!!! I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!

The sadness I feel about leaving our old ward is now way offset by the happiness I feel about this temple. I LOVE the Lord!

5 comments:

janae said...

I knew they were going to split that stake some day. It was getting astronomically huge! But holy hannah, I bet there is a ton of reorganizing work to do!!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

It was! There were 17 wards! 17!!! Even with the split we still have 8. So crazy! But yeah, our old ward and the new ward are both only having sacrament meeting and then having a meet and greet afterward because there aren't enough leaders in the programs. :o)

Christa Jeanne said...

Rebecca, I am so, so excited for you!!! Being part of a temple open house is such a sweet experience. Newport was mostly done when I moved down there, so I didn't get to help donate funds and whatnot, but I did help with the open house and attend the youth celebration as well as the dedication. What a sweet, amazing opportunity - that temple really becomes YOURS. No matter where I go, Newport will always be MY temple for that very reason. Let's do a session when it's done! :)

Greg And Richele Cook said...

You are such a good person Rebecca....I feel so evil after reading this. Although I was excited about the temple annoucement I was disappointed because there have been a lot of rumors about it being built in Salem, and of course since I live there, that is really what I was hoping for. Then I couldn't believe they would put it on the west side of Payson, so close to the freeway and by a Wal-Mart. They usually are more on the hill (like in Salem). I shouldn't be feeling like that, but instead totally happy like you. Greg and I were talking about how cool it will be though to a part of the dedication and open house. We have never experienced anything like this. And Payson is WAY closer than the east bench of Provo. My friends in Thailand would be disgusted by my thoughts. Thank you for setting me straight! :) Oh...and crazy...I grew up in a house for 13 years in Payson that is very very close to where the new temple is being built.