Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Really REALLY small

So, all of my maternity clothes are summer clothes. Since the weather here has been anything but summer-ish, I have been making due with the regular long sleeve shirts & have and putting layer shirts under them to make them longer so they can cover my belly....hopefully this can last until the weather warms up and I can just use my regular maternity clothes.

Well, this morning I put on this three quarter sleeve black shirt with white hearts. I always ask Bart how my outfits look in the morning and today was no exception, but his response surprised me. He looked at me very alarmed and said, "Rebecca, that shirt looks REALLY REALLY small."

I was surprised at the extreme reaction and ran to the mirror to see if it looked any different than my normal shirts. It didn't really, so I was kind of confused. I could understand a "kind of small," since I am 6 months pregnant and pretty much any normal shirt I wear is going to be small, but yesterday, according to him, I looked, "Fine" and that outfit didn't look much different than the one I had on.

I wasn't sure why the reaction had changed so much. I asked, "Really, I don't think it looks that bad?" He goes, "Are those sleeves supposed to be long sleeved?" I just about died laughing! Yeah, if my three-quarter sleeves were supposed to be long sleeves, then the shirt did look REALLY REALLY small. I was like, "Okay, your opinion has just been invalidated."

Silly boy.

5 comments:

janae said...

I'm glad you wrote the post about how Bart thinks you're beautiful because at first I'm thinking, "He could not be dumb enough to say that about her shirt. No way. What the ..." and then I got it. The sleeves. That is hilarious!! Yeah, for long sleeves to turn into 3/4 the shirt would definitely have shrunk a LOT!

Loni said...

That is funny! I immediately laughed out loud! You gotta love it!!

Amy Collyer said...

I think I will be laughing all day about this one!

Jones said...

hey, I just got your comment about the baby names. you CRAZY girl! well, I guess you guys do have great taste in baby names!!!! lol

Malea said...

Rebecca, I laughed OUT LOUD when I read this. I can TOTALLY see my husband doing the same thing. Oh, thanks for the laugh...

Also, I love the post about how Bart stares at you and makes you feel pretty. You have a wonderful husband and I'm so glad you have each other!