Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Addison is how old?!?!

Addy Birthday
FIVE!!! That's right ladies and gents, the age of my oldest is ALL of the fingers on ONE WHOLE HAND!!! I can't believe it. And much her chagrin (and mine), she missed the Utah kindergarten cutoff date this year by six days. SIX DAYS! And let me tell you, they don't make ANY exceptions. Believe me, I called just about every one humanly imaginable...school district, state school board, elected officials, etc. Such a bummer. Oh well, that just means my baby will get to be home with me for another year. YAY! :)

I made cupcakes for Addison's preschool class. The birthday girl wanted lady buys, so lady bugs she got.

Addy Birthday - Cake
She told me later she thought the eyes were creepy. Well I'm sorry, the twins only sleep for so long, and I couldn't figure out how to make little dots with the frosting without making those little curly things. Yeah, they are a little creepy, but they still taste good. :)

She also enjoyed opening presents.
Addison Birthday Opening Presents

This year dad won the prize for messiest we're-going-to-throw-these-away-as-soon-as-we-get-the-chance present with his washable colored bubbles...it turns out they're not so washable. But the girls loved them.

Addy Birthday - Colored Bubbles

I just wish I had gotten pictures of Hannah's feet. Unbelievable. Fortunately it didn't come off on the carpet when she came inside.

So, I've seen other people do little birthday questionnaires on their blogs for their kids and I thought it would be fun to start doing one for each of the kids too, so here goes:

Addison's Favorites
:

Color: Blue
TV Show: Jake and the Never Land Pirates
Animal: Girl Panda (one of her presents was PJs with panda bears on them...her 2nd favorite animal is a giraffe)
Holiday: Christmas
Song: Teach Me To Walk in the Light
Restaurant: The one with the drum by Nyla’s house
Food: Spaghetti
Dessert: Chocolate Stuff
Candy: Chocolate Things
Temple: Provo
Thing to do: Crafts
Movie: Bolt
Place to Go: The Playground
Book: All Books
Scripture Story: The ones that Jesus wrote
Thing Mom Does With You: Cook
Thing Dad Does with you: Draw with Me
Place I want to Visit: Disney World
When I grow up I want to be: An Astronaut

Happy Birthday Addison! You are loved more than you know!

1 comment:

janae said...

I love that first pic of Addison and the last one of Hannah. You captured their eyes PERFECTLY.