Saturday, October 31, 2009

Curse You Swine Flu!

You've robbed me of taking my daughter trick-or-treating for the first time! Sigh. I was sooooooo looking forward to taking her this year. It's her 4th Halloween, but we've never taken her trick-or-treating before. Oh well. Dad got to take her and we got these cute pictures:

Our cute little ballerina. We didn't know what she was going to be until the last minuet. My mom sent up 4 awesome costumes, and we had narrowed it down to the ballerina and sleeping beauty (which was actually a bride costume, but we told her it was sleeping beauty because she really wanted a sleeping beauty and we were not about to go out and buy a new costume...we may discuss the ethics of this later).

Then we got our first trick-or-treaters. Suddenly she yelled, "DAD! Tell them to wait! I'm going to go put my ballerina on!" and ran to the stairs...then, deciding dad couldn't be relied upon, she decided to run back to the door and tell them to wait in person. I assured her there would be more trick-or-treaters and helped her get her costume on.

Our cute little spider. Really, this costume needed a black under shirt and black tights, but since we were debating whether or not to even put it on her this year (since she obviously was not going out with the flu) we just threw it on and took some pictures. And she is just the happiest little spider ever. Especially for a spider with swine flu. This picture almost makes me like spiders...if only they all looked like this.Ahhh, can the ballerina costume pass for little miss muffet? If this costume still fits Hannah next year, I may have to find a miss muffet for Addison.And me, I was a lady driven crazy by having to wear this stupid swine flu mask for the past week...oh, wait, it's not a costume. (Bart didn't even realize I was wearing it when he took this picture...that's how commonplace it is in our house right now).This is the only Jack-O-Lantern that made it to our front porch. Addison made it last week at her friend Abby's birthday party. Two faces on one pumpkin...I was pretty impressed.

Most years we don't have many trick-or-treaters, but this year we've had a ton. Addison keep jumping up and yelling, "Someone's here! Someone's here!" She's way more excited about trick-or-treaters than Bart is. ;o)

Happy Haloween everybody.

No comments: