Friday, September 26, 2008

Pregnant!

Okay, so on Saturday I found out that I am, indeed pregnant. Something I had been suspecting since Monday when I was expecting my period to start and it didn't.




I won't be posting these until I tell everyone, but I realized that during my last pregnancy, I didn't really keep track of anything...like when morning sickness started...and when morning sickness ended...and pretty much anything that related to morning sickness. I'm feeling great right now...a little hungrier than normal, but great. However, I'm not looking forward to the day that I feel that dreaded nausea. So this time I'm actually going to try and document things so that I can remember for future pregnancies.




Also, I have been feeling something weird in my lower abdomen. It kind of feels like my uterus is stretching or something, but I think it's way too early for that. I don't remember feeling anything like that with Addison this early. But like I said, I can't remember much, so maybe I did. It's been noticeable enough, though, that there was one night last week (before I officially knew I was pregnant) that I thought, "What if my uterus really is growing because I have two babies in there!" I know, I know, a silly thing to think, but it seriously kept me up for hours in the middle of the night!




On Sunday the speaker at my parents' ward talked about a family with four sets of twins in it!!! FOUR!!! I can see how you could wind up with two sets because after the first ones, maybe you think you want another kid, but seriously, four. No freaking way. That would be just plane crazy....Oh I really hope I'm not dooming myself to four sets of twins by saying that.




Anyway, that afternoon I was changing in the bathroom in our room and Bart poked his head in and said, "Oh, by the way, I think we're going to have twins," and left. After my sleepless night this comment was rather disturbing to me. I said, "Bart Francis! You get back in here right now!" When he got back I asked him why he thought that. He said he didn't know, he just had been feeling like we were going to have twins for the past few months. Now this is VERY unlike Bart. He doesn't just have "feelings," which makes me all the more nervous. I am really hoping this is just some sort of paranoid delusion and not divine inspiration.




Don't get me wrong, if we get two babies, we will love them, I'm just nervous because I remember how hard my easy one baby was. I can't imagine two! Oh well. By the time I actually post this, we will already know and this will either be something we can all laugh at, or...something else.

No comments: