Monday, September 29, 2008

My Growing Girl

Okay, so it's been a while since I posted about Addison...at least I feel like it has been a while. And she's just growing so much I want to make sure I document it!


First of all, she is just the politest little girl EVER! She always says please and thank you (although I'll admit lately I've been needing to remind her to say thank you quite a bit). And the other day I sneezed and she said, "Bless you!" She picks up on things so quickly! When she tells me thank you, I'll always say, "you're welcome," to which she responds "you're welcome." I've tried to explain that when someone says thank you to you, you say your welcome back, but she hasn't quite caught on. :)


She is also getting SOOOOOOO smart! I always sing families are forever to her when I put her down for naps, and now she has started singing with me. For the most part she hums the majority of it and just sings the last word of the phrase, but she'll sing the whole last line, "The lord has shown me how I can."


The other day we were taking Bart's brother to a soccer game. On our way to pick him up, we gave her the book "Dr Seuss's ABC's." All of the sudden we heard her singing what sounded remarkably like the ABC song. I said, "Addison, are you singing the ABC song?" She said, "Yeah!" I said, "Do you want me to sing it with you?" "Yeah!" So we sang, and sure enough, she would chime in the last letter of each phrase. She even can say the whole, "X,Y,Z" and "sing with me." I'm so stinking proud of my baby!

No comments: