Monday, September 01, 2008

The Flu!

So My parents came into town on Thursday, and Addison & I rapidly got the flu. Fortunately it wasn't too terrible...Addison wasn't throwing up water as she has in the past, and I never actually threw up...but still! Come on! While my parents are here?!? The fates were working against us. Fortunately they are coming again in a few weeks.

Addison's favorite activity while she was sick was watching The Little Mermaid. At the beginning of it, the Disney Logo comes on the screen and Tinker Bell comes out with her magic wand waves pixie dust around. Every time this happens, Addison points at her and yells, "Bug!" Finally I decided to correct her. I said, "Addison, that's not a bug, that's a pixie. It's Tinker Bell." Addison pointed and yelled, "Tinker Bug!" Eh, close enough.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww I'm sorry you both got sick.. GEEz grama.. and grampa!! :) jk but that's cute TInker bug.. That's pretty clever!! She's so smart.. How old is she? I know she's only a few months older than Liz. and I know her b-day is coming up soon but i don't know the exact day! I'm sorry!! Well i want to wish her a happy early b-day anyways!!

Tabitha said...

Sorry you guys are sick! I hope you're both up and feeling better soon. We'll miss hanging out with you guys today- maybe next weekend? Let us know... :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys are sick. We are dealing with Strep throat in our family this weekend. What a fun holiday, huh? I hope you two are feeling better real soon.

Teresa Beth Brower Timms said...

What a logical little thinker you have on your hands!

Sorry you guys were sick - but thanks for warning us, so we didn't get the flu. (Or is that "the Tinker BUG?)