Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pregnancy Update

First of all, I must explain the crazy things I am wearing in this picture. So Bart & I are remodeling our house. (We were toying around with moving and it just never seemed right, so we decided to change some of the things we don't like about our house so that we'd like it more, and I'm SOOOOO excited. Our Kitchen and Master Bathroom/Closet are getting a major overhaul). I was getting ready for the demolition by clearing out our closet. In the process I found this shirt that I LOVE, but had lost a few months ago, and put it on (right over the green long sleeve shirt I was wearing) because it made me happy. Te he he. Then I found the bandanna. My hair was getting in my way and I had no idea where I put my hair ties (I had already cleared out the bathroom), so this did the trick.



I wanted a belly picture since I had taken NONE this pregnancy, but I also wanted you to be able to see my cool shirt (In case you still can't really tell, it's a bunch of sheep trying to jump over a fence, but the first sheep is stuck in the fence, so all the sheep are jammed up behind it...this is what my nights have been like lately). Bart complained that that first picture wasn't a true belly picture because my belly wasn't in profile, so he took this one...I think my belly looks the exact same size in both of them, but to appease my excited husband, I am posting both. :o)

Now, on to the pregnancy update. Yesterday was my 28/29 week appointment so I got to drink the lovely glucose drink. For those of you who have never been pregnant, this is basically a sugar drink that you have to down within 10 min and then have your blood drawn exactly an hour later to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes. The one my doctor uses basically tastes like un-carbonated orange soda. I happen to like orange soda, but to have to drink so much in 10 minutes makes it nasty. I got my blood taken and they will let me know if I have it within the next day or two...no news is good news, so I'm hoping not to get a call. :o)


Everything looks great. The baby's heart beat is great, my blood pressure is great, and my uterus is exactly the correct size for how far along I am. The doctor said that I'm still about 9 lbs under where they would expect me to be at this point, but after the initial drop in my weight from morning sickness, I've been gaining exactly how much I should....just from the lower weight, so he's not worried. He showed me my weight gain chart and my weight gain line seriously like parallels the regular weight gain line, just 9 lbs below it. So I have the best of both worlds, I'm weighing less than the doctor would normally expect, but I'm still gaining at a rate to make my baby healthy...sweet.


And, to make things even better, I had a stroke of genius this morning and think I figured out what we want to name her. I emailed Bart and he responded in an email that simply said, "I like it."


Now, I'm not sure if this "I like it" is like the "I like it" we use in conversation when talking about baby names which basically means, "Yeah, we can include that on our list of names we're considering," or if it's like a, "Yeah, that's the name!" "I like it." Since in my email I included a middle name (something we haven't talked about at all yet), I think it's the latter, but I will wait to consult with him when he gets home from work before I unveil it.


Overall, life is good!

6 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Ewwwww - yuck on the glucose drink! I had to do that when they were testing me for diabetes, and I was soooo sick to my stomach for the rest of the day! I still remember the misery. Bleck.

Glad to hear you're doing so well and that Baby Francis is coming along healthily. Can't wait to hear the name!

janae said...

I was gonna say, all that exercising must be working because you are one tiny nearly-30 week pregnant woman! You look fabulous. And the shirt really is super cute!

Tabitha said...

Ooo, can't wait to hear the name! You look great by the way. We need to get together soon.

A. Pearce said...

You are beautiful! I'm glad the pregnancy is progressing normally. (Cute shirt, by the way)

Jones said...

oh nooooo, I can't stand the suspense, I want to know the name!!!! lol

I love your belly shots. You look fabulous! seriously!

last time I took the drink I was chatting with the nurse (during the 10 minutes) and I said, "you know it'd be easier if I ate something with this to make me more thirsty. so, I brought a bag of skittles to help get the drink down. would that be ok?"

the nurse looked at me with raised eyebrows, like I was crazy. I started laughing and told her I was just kidding. She breathed a sigh of relief too. She said she was thinking, man why don't we just hook an IV of sugar into you! skittles+glucose (sugar) drink = not a good idea!

I thought it was funny!

Annie said...

I want to know what you guys are doing to your master bath and kitchen. You look great! Can't wait to hear what the name will be. There are so many cute girl names. It's hard to pick just one!