Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Banking Problem Made Simple

So, Bart & I love listening to "This American Life" via podcast. They have some awesome and very entertaining podcast. In addition, they do a really good job about explaining complex things (generally not as entertaining, but very informative). In October (or was it late September?) when there was the sudden credit crunch, they did a GREAT job at explaining, to the average Joe, what was happening.

Well, they have a new podcast that is free just for this week explaining the banking crisis. Not quite as complex as that credit crunch, but something that some people may not really understand. So, if you're interested and have an hour to listen, you can find it here.

I also recommend subscribing to the podcast. They really are very entertaining...even though this one is more informative than entertaining.

2 comments:

janae said...

Oh boy, I think you may be getting comment spam. UGH. You can delete those comments, you know. (If you are logged in there should be a little picture of a garbage can under the comment. In case you were unaware.) Then again, maybe you know the person who is doing shameless self-promotion on your blog.

I just wanted to say that I LOVED the This American Life explanation way back in October, but I hadn't heard this one yet. So thanks! :)

Rebecca said...

Ug. Yeah, not a fan of comment spam. Hopefully it won't become a problem. We shall see.

Yeah, in October that explanation was AWESOME! I had no idea what was going on, and I felt like I totally understood after I heard it. I love This American Life