Saturday, March 05, 2011

Les Miserables

So Bart and I are sitting around, watching PBS's 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables. OH MY GOSH!!! It is absolutely AMAZING! I forgot how increadible this music is. I am getting goosebumps!

And the story! Oh my gosh. If you haven't read the book, you need to. I really think I don't have the writing skills to adequately describe how increadible this story is. If you do not read it, your are missing one of the greatest accomplishments in literary history. Seriously. Your life will be incomplete without it. And you don't even know it! It is absolutely AMAZING. The characters are some of the most amazing, complex, increadible characters. Amazing! And the music. Oh man! And the story. Did I mention the music...or the story?

And in this particular performance , Javert is absolutely increadible. I mean everyone is amazing, but he is just so perfectly cast. He's increadible! It's breathtaking!

Anyway, I have to go and re-read the story now...and perhaps donate to PBS so that I can have the dvd. And then see how many times I can say amazing and increadible.

Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

janae said...

Got halfway through the book about five years ago and still haven't finished. Oops! I remember it being absolutely amazing. Maybe I'll break it out again. :)

A. Pearce said...

Oh my goodness! How did I miss this?! How did I not hear about it? Thanks for letting me know!