Monday, June 04, 2007

5k, Moab, and an agile little Baby

Man! I can't believe it's already June! And the middle of June at that!

In my defense, I started a draft last week, and then we got so busy I never got around to posting it. Right now I'm babysitting at a friend's house, and Addison is happily playing with some blocks, so I am going to post even though I don't have any pictures. First of all, here's my draft from last week.

So Bart, Addison, and I ran a 5k on Saturday...well, Addison more sat in the stroller as I ran, but still, she was part of it. :o) We did relatively well. Bart came in 9th place in his division (although he pointed out that there were like 50 people tied for 9th place). :o) I cam in 5th place! I was pretty proud of myself. I knew they gave little plaques to the first 5 people, so I had a secret goal of coming in at least 5th, but when I got there and saw how many people there were, I changed my secret goal to run the entire time...which I also did. It was a lot of fun. Afterward they had a raffle. I won a self-inflating camping mat, and a big water jug. We all had a lot of fun. We've decided we're going to have to do it every year. :o)

Addison has figured out how to crawl, alternating her hands and feet, and she's learned to sit up on her own! She is quite the handful!

Okay, that's as far as I got on my draft. Now for this week's stuff.

We went to Moab this weekend. It was a ton of fun. We took Amy with us, and we, and Bart's family all went on the river on Saturday while Addison's Great Grandma babysat her. The river was a blast! It was also fun having Amy with us on her Birthday. I was hoping to catch a little sun on my legs, but nope, they're as white as ever. I'm going to have to do some sun bathing before we go to Hawaii.

Addison is starting to pull up on things. She's been climbing on me forever, but yesterday Bart said she grabbed onto his arm and pulled herself into a standing position. Also, if we stand her up on the couch, she'll inch around a bit before she falls.

In the mornings I usually put her down for a nap and then get ready. This morning she was still crying when I was done getting ready which is very unusual. When I went into her bedroom, she had pulled herself up on the side of her crib and was on her knees. I think she was crying because she couldn't figure out how to get back down. I guess it's time to lower the crib.

Well, I will try and post some pictures when I get back home....if I remember. Until then, Au revoir.

No comments: