Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Africa, Memorial Day, and the Baby Slug

Okay, so this weekend was a ton of fun. I took Friday off and had a 4 day weekend. On Friday we went up to watch Mountain View's soccer team play in the state tournament. They lost, but it was a close game. Addison wasn't very happy the entire time. Both times we've taken her to sporting events, she's been fussier than she has ever been before!!! I think it's just bad timing on our parts. We always go when she should be napping, and at the soccer game, we put her in this little front carrier, and when Bart was strapping it up, it caught her arm and pinched it, so she started off very unhappy. Oh well, maybe next time will be better.

Afterward we went to Barnes & Noble to get Bart a new book to read. While we were there we got a call from my family. My brother had gotten his mission call. Bart & I had been speculating about where he might go all week. The only thing that we could agree on was that he wouldn't be going to Africa. Yeah. He's going to The Nairobi Kenya Mission.

When he read the call, I totally thought he was joking. Bart & I are going to Nairobi for our African Safari next summer!!! SOOOOO crazy!!!

For memorial day Charles, Heather, and Same came up and spent the night. We went hiking up Diamond Fork Canyon on Memorial day. We wanted to go to fifth water hot springs, but we couldn't find any parking, so we went up a trail a little further up the canyon.

It was the first time we had taken Addison hiking with us. It was a lot of fun. At first Addison...and probably mom more so...weren't very happy because we kept going off the trail, and while Dad had Addison on his back he kept trying to go through bushes and branches that would hit her in the face! I finally made Bart give her to me to carry on my back and I think everyone was a lot more happy. Bart could go explore with his brothers, Addison didn't get anymore branches in her face, and I didn't have to stress about the branches in Addison's face. ;o)

Overall it was a lot of fun. I was disappointed that we didn't get to go to the hot springs, but we can do that some other time.

Addison has become an expert scooter. She can get to anywhere she wants to. She's starting to get the hang of crawling too, although you can tell it takes her a lot more concentration, so she gets impatient a lot of times, and just goes back to scooting.

It was really funny though...usually when she wakes up from her morning nap, she'll play in her crib for a while. Well earlier this week I heard her playing in her crib, just as happy as could be. All of the sudden she started whining a lot. I went upstairs to see what was wrong. She had some feety pajamas on and somehow had managed to get both legs into one of the legs on her pajamas. It was so funny! She looked like this little slug! I wanted to run and grab the camera to take a picture, but I couldn't stand the "Mom! Help me! Something's wrong!" look she was giving me, so I picked her up and fixed her pajamas. It was pretty stinking funny though.

Well, that's all for now! Until next time! Au revoir.

No comments: