Thursday, January 23, 2014

Enjoying the Game

So this year my dad got the two older girls Cougar Club Memberships.  Which means, we get free tickets to a number of football, basketball, and other sports games on campus.  We wound up going to the Loyola game a couple Saturdays ago.
Bart Francis with his two daughters, Addison and Hannah in the bleachers of a BYU Basketball game

But before I go on, I must discuss what you all are most likely thinking:  What??? Bart has a beard???  When did that happen???

_MG_5736 copy

Well, over Christmas Break, we went to California.  On our first day there, Bart's razor broke.  He ordered another one online, but it didn't come for a few days, and he figured he had a while until school started so he'd just run with it.

Now, I have never really liked beards so I was surprised that, as the beard started filling in, I kind of liked it.  I thought about why for a long time and finally realized I no longer felt like I was married to a teenager!  Te he he.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it kind of hides his adorable dimples.  But eh, it's different, and that's kind of fun.  :)  So, for now at least, baby face Bart has a beard.  Every day he says it's coming off soon, but soon seems to keep getting delayed.  We'll see when he finally follows through.

Now, back to the game.  We arrived early and got to see the pre-game show which the girls liked.

Untitled-1 copy

Untitled-2 copy

We had every intention of leaving early (we didn't expect the girls to last very long...which they didn't) but it was really close for most of the game!  Bart and I were glued to our seats!  And to make matters worse, we were sitting next to a bunch of Loyola fans!

We did finally pull ahead in the end and left a few minutes early in an attempt to avoid traffic, but by then we were ahead by 20 points and thought it was a pretty safe bet that we would win.  

_MG_5779 copy

I'm not going to lie, it was a lot nicer sneaking out in front of those Loyola fans at that point than it would have been earlier in the game.  :)

No comments: