Sunday, December 02, 2012

The Way I View - Blessings

I think the topic this month was particularly fitting for me.  True, everyone else in the US was also celebrating Thanksgiving this month, and most likely feeling especially grateful for all of their blessings.  But I have to say, I have really felt the Lord's hand in our lives lately.

There is seriously no doubt in my mind that He led us to this home.  We really had no intention of moving at the beginning of Summer, and before the end of the summer, we were in our new home.  And let me tell you, it has been SUCH a blessing.  Not just for the extra space, but it just feels like everything is better for us here.  The school is wonderful, the neighbors are so friendly and kind, the ward has been so welcoming.  At first I was a little bit nervous about the transition for the kids, but even they just love it here.  It truly feels like home. 

Yes, we miss our old neighborhood, and being so close to good friends, but the Lord knew what he was doing when he put us here.  And for that, I am so grateful. 

IMG_4956 copy

Now head on over to MelissaGibson's blog to check out another blog circle's take on gratitude.


4 comments:

janae said...

Ack! So you sold your house and moved?! I've been dying to know what was going on since your post about prepping the house for selling! I need a much longer story than that, so you've either got to post it or we've got to get together so you can tell me in person.

Ps. The picture won't show on your post, so If it's a picture of the new house, I'm dying!! Gonna go look up the post n a different device...

Tabitha said...

I can't wait to see your new home! Please tell me you'll be in Utah sometime between Dec 28th and Jan 2nd while we're there.

Rebecca said...

oooh, thanks for telling me Janae, I fixed it. :)

And Tabitha, we will be. We plan on spending the New Year here. Do you guys have any plans?

Christa Jeanne said...

And it means we're practically neighbors, which is AWESOME!!! Seriously, it has been the greatest blessing for me to live so close to you guys, Rebecca. I was telling Christina about that last night - it stinks to be an hour each way from her now, but on the bright side, I see you weekly. It's like I traded one nearby bestie for another, and it couldn't be happier!