Friday, March 30, 2012

Did I mention she is growing up?

IMG_8834 copy

On Tuesday, when she was getting ready to go to preschool I mentioned she should probably wear her tennis shoes instead of her boots because it wasn't going to be very cold today.  When I sensed some reluctance, I told her I'd help her tie them, to which she responded, "No! I want to tie them myself."  So (after I shared a few pointers with her) she did.

IMG_8839 copy

IMG_8841 copy

IMG_8843 copy

IMG_8846 copy

I started thinking about all the things she can do by her self now.  She can shower by her self, choose her own clothes and dress herself, brush her teeth, make her bed, clear her dishes, make her own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sweep the floor, clean up the toy room, vacuum and I think I could go on and on.  Seriously.  Wow.  It just hit me that my little girl really is becoming her own little person.  I know that's the goal, but I didn't expect it to happen in such leaps and bounds!  I sure am proud of you Addison!

No comments: