Monday, June 14, 2010

Toyota

So the other day we were hearing some news story about Toyotas and the following conversation took place:

Addison: Mom, I want a Toyota.
Me: (Thinking, "Oh great, it's starting young.") We have a Toyota.
Addison: We do?
Me: Yeah, our white car is a Toyota.
Addison: ::::Confused Pause:::: Can I have it at my birthday party?
Me: (Thinking, "Great, I may have to throw her another birthday party this year...I'll have to figure out how to get around this, I can't give every kid a birthday party every year.") Um...Maybe.
Addison: Good and candy?
Me: Okay...
Addison: And we'll hit it and all the candy will fall down.
Me: ::::Confused Pause::::
Me: ::::Sudden Realization::::
Me: You mean a Pinata.
Addison: No, a Toyota.
Me: A Pinata is the thing you hit with a stick and then when it breaks open, Candy comes out of it. A Toyota is a car.
Addison: Oh....So Can I have a Toyota at my party?
Me: The thing that you hit with a stick and then candy comes down when it breaks open?
Addison: Yeah
Me: A Pinata
Addison: Okay, thanks mom.

I'm not sure what happened, But I'm glad the confusion is cleared up.

2 comments:

janae said...

I laughed out loud at this one - HILARIOUS!

Christa Jeanne said...

Too funny!!! Hope you don't mind that I shared this hilarity with the work friends. After all, I don't have my own cute kids to recount hilariousness about... so I co-opted Addison. ;)