Thursday, November 08, 2007

She Speaks!

And I think she actually understands what she's saying...at least a little bit....okay, maybe she doesn't understand at all, and she's just mimicking, but HEY! AT LEAST SHE'S MIMICKING! :o)

One of her favorite books is "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can you?" In it, there's a section that says, "Boom Boom Boom, Mr. Brown is a wonder. Boom boom boom, Mr. Brown Makes Thunder." Well, Bart noticed that every time he read her that part, after he said, "Boom boom boom" Addison would repeat, "Boom boom boom." Now whenever we say, "Addison, say Boom boom boom." She says, "Boom Boom Boom."

I've also started teaching her a little bit of sign language...well, baby sign language anyway. Whenever it looks like she's done eating (ie she starts throwing stuff over the side of her high chair) I say, "Addison are you All Done?" And I lift my hands to the height of my head and shake them. Whenever I do this, she waves her hands crazily above her head and says, "Ah dun." If I think she wants more, I'll put my fingers together and say "More?" She says, "Mor" and puts her hands together. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. I'm not sure that she fully realizes what either means because she doesn't do the done sign before she throws her food off the tray, and sometimes she'll do the more sign and then refuse to eat any more, but at least she knows how to do it. :o)
As for the rest of us, Bart & I voted this week. I really like voting. I'm glad we live in a country where we have a say in what goes on. Even though one of the people i wanted to get on the city council didn't make it, I still was glad I got to vote for her.
This weekend we got to go to St. George for Mckenna's blessing. It was a lot of fun seeing Bart's family, and Chris gave a wonderful blessing. I'm glad we were able to go.

Well, that's pretty much it for now, until next time....au revoir.

No comments: