Sunday, March 03, 2013

I'm Going to Brag a Little Bit

Today...well, today was not the greatest day.  For many reasons, but the most significant of which involved much throw up and an unhappy baby and daddy.  (I'm just PRAYING nobody else gets it).

That being said, there is one member of our family that seriously just shined today.  This little girl:

_MG_0044-Edit-2 copy

I cannot tell you how many times I asked her to get diapers, towels, bowls to catch throw up in, disinfectant whipes, etc, or to get food for or play with/entertain her sisters that were feeling okay, and EVERY time she did it with a cheerful, "Okay mom!" Seriously she is a saint!  I truly do not know what I would do without her.

At one point when everyone else was taking naps.  She entertained herself by drawing some pictures.  After everyone was in bed for the night, when I was finally able to pick up the inevitable mess of a day like this, I ran across what she had drawn, and just about melted.

2013-03-03 Baby Girl

2013-03-03 Mother's Help


I don't think she meant for them to be, but I swear, these are totally self portraits.  It shows exactly how she was today: A little mother bird.  Helping wherever she could, whenever she was needed.   I know I've said it before, but I'm SOOOOOO grateful for (and proud of) my little mother bird!


No comments: