Thursday, June 07, 2012

Summer Reading Program

So our local library has a summer reading program for kids.  Technically since Addison hasn't gone to kindergarten yet she should have been in the pre-reader program, but when I found out the prize for doing all eight weeks of the regular reader program was a free pass to the swimming pool, I told them Addison could read and they let her do the regular reading program instead.  :)

She's been great at keeping up with the program.  She even reminds me that she hasn't done her reading yet when I forget.

A nice little side effect of the program is that Hannah LOVES to sit next to Addison and listen to her read.

Reading01

It's not an uncommon occurrence for me to walk into the family room to see them snuggled up on the couch reading.

Reading02

And frankly, I LOVE it!

Reading03

Reading04

Before I know it, she's going to be adding subtracting, multiplying, and dividing!


Oh wait, that's right. She already does that too!  She really is my little smarty! 
 

No comments: