Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eating Habits

A few months ago I tried feeding the twins some beans.  After a severe gagging incident/choking scare, I swore never to give them beans EVER again.  As the days passed on, memories of the racing heart rate and adrenaline rush faded (not to mention they've been doing really well at eating small foods lately) so I thought I'd have another go at the beans today.  I cut up some kidney beans, placed them on their high chair trays, and proceeded to watch them like a hawk as they ate to make sure we didn't have a "bean day" repeat. 

They did great, but as I watched them, I noticed that they have very different eating techniques.  Lilly is very precise.  She will pick up one bean, put it in her mouth, chew, swallow, and then pick up another.


Lilly Eating
It's almost dainty at times...almost. 

Maya, on the other hand, prefers the grab-as-many-beans-in-one-hand-at-a-time-and-try-to-shovel-them-all-in-your-mouth approach.
Maya Eating

And for every bean she actually gets in her mouth, there are probably three or four that wind up in the seat of her high chair. No wonder you're so skinny kid!

1 comment:

janae said...

I'm seriously wondering how these little personality traits are going to play out as they become teens and adults...