Monday, October 03, 2011

Can I Get Some Water?

<span class=

So today Hannah comes into the living room where I'm playing with the twins, and asks me if she can get some water. She had a cup, and we have water in the door of our fridge that she can (finally) reach so I told her sure.

A few minutes later I notice that she's walking back and forth between the fridge and the sink. So I go into the kitchen to see what she's doing.

She went to the fridge, filled her cup, then went over to the sink where she got up on a stool she had moved to the sink so she could reach. She took a sip of her water and then did this...
<span class=
It didn't even give her pause that I was standing right next to her watching! She just went back to the fridge, got more water, came back to her stool, took a sip, spit it into the sink, emptied the rest of the water, and walked back to the fridge for more.

I couldn't help but laugh. It was just so typically Hannah. I love two-year-olds.

I think our next family home evening lesson may have to be on not wasting things...like water.

No comments: