Tuesday, October 19, 2010

27 weeks or 39 weeks, that is the question.

Well, here is a belly picture. I'm pretty sure it's the first one I've posted this year...since I haven't posted much since...well...I found out I was pregnant. ;o) I've grown a little since then. This is me at 27 weeks.And since Bart said that first one wasn't really a belly picture, here's Bart's version of a belly picture. :o) He's probably right. The subject of the first picture is me. The subject of this second one is definitely my belly.

I went to the doctor today. She says my uterus is measuring 39 weeks. That feels about right. In fact, let's compare: For a moment, let's please ignore the white pasty-ness of the previous picture. I need to talk to Bart about checking the settings on our camera before taking a picture. That or invest in a membership to a tanning salon.

There are several things I would like to say about these pictures (other than the fact that the belly size is remarkably similar). First of all, I love the slightly distressed smiles in the first two pictures. It's almost as if the subject is saying, "Yes, I am in labor, can we get this picture over with and get into the hospital so I can get this baby out of me?" Almost...
The last picture smile says, "I'm tired but people keep telling me I need to take belly pictures. Why bother? It's only going to get bigger. In the end, nobody will care what I looked like at 27 weeks. They're only going to want to see what I looked like at the end. It's like climbing half way up the mountain and taking pictures of the scenery. Okay, that's a pretty picture, but I wanted to see the view from the peak."
Finally, in case those pictures don't confirm the fact, being pregnant with twins is considerably different than being pregnant with only one baby. Sigh, at least I only have 11 weeks to go...at worst.
P.S. Since one of my friends reminded me that I haven't posted about the genders yet, we are having two more girls! Woo hoo! I don't have to go out and buy baby clothes...well...I'll have to buy some since apparently the shear quantity we'll be going through will boggle the mind, but at least we have a good start.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my goodness what a great comparison! How fun to have those other pictures to compare. I knew that when I was six months with the twins I looked due but you have pictures to prove it!
Mom

janae said...

What??! Two more girls?!!!! I had no idea! That's what I get for keeping up with you solely through blogger. :) Yay! Congratulations! It will definitely be cheaper that way, since you already have plenty of clothes (although with twins you just might need plenty more!) I loved your analogy about taking pictures halfway up the destination. I've never thought of it that way, but it's pretty funny!

A. Pearce said...

Wow. Seriously, wow! I'm so excited for you! Two more girls! Are they identical? I think most people want a picture from the peak, but I also think your girls will be interested in the difference between pregnancy's. :)

Loni said...

Wow, I think you look great! And I'm excited to hear you are expecting more little girls! Has Bart wrapped his head around that one? Lets hope they all get married during different years, right?

So happy for you and I miss you!

The Foulgers said...

Congrats! I love having 4 of the same, it just makes life easier. Can't wait to see these little girls.