Friday, February 01, 2013

We've been sick.

If you follow me at all on Instagram, or on Facebook, you know we've been sick.  We've ALL been sick.  For a very long time.  Seriously, Lilly's had an ear infection since before Christmas!

It was bad.  Really bad.  A sick mama caring for four sick, whiny children for weeks on end.  Toward the end I was really starting to lose my sanity there.  I sincerely questioned my decision to stay home full time with the  kids and even briefly considered what it might be like to be back working in an office and having someone else take care of my ever whining, very very needy, children.

And then, the clouds departed, and yesterday happened.

_MG_8013 copy

Nobody was whiny, everybody played together without fighting, and everyone even helped clean without complaining.  Seriously people, it was a miracle day.  And boy did I need it!

The only bad thing that happened was that poor little Maya smashed her hand in the car door.  Seriously...the door was completely shut and her had was in it.  It was so sad (and scary)!  I really debated whether or not to take her to the doctor's office to see if it was broken (the door was completely shut!!!).  But after about an hour it was clear she was going to be fine...despite her red, swollen hand.

Maya

(Don't worry, it looks almost completely better now).

And these two.  Man, I have never seen them play so well together.

Untitled-1 copy

And it was the 100th day of school.  Around these parts, it's a pretty big deal.

_MG_8062 copy



The whole day just reminded me of how stinking fun my kids are....weeks and weeks of whiny, crying, needy children can make you forget that from time to time.  And for the record, the decision to stay at home with my kids? Best decision I ever made...well, other than marrying their dad.  

No comments: